In Ayurveda, the medicine of India, seven tissues or Dhatus that make up the human body.
Through food and physiological processes, each of these tissues is constantly being formed and regenerated. Similar to the order of a ladder, each step represents a tissue that is nurtured and helps to form the next. It is considered that it is a meticulous process of selection of elements in which each tissue recognizes through its own biological intelligence what it requires to establish itself. When this process is complete, the remaining quality nutrients make up our immune system.
That is why Ayurveda emphasizes the importance of proper nutrition, good digestion, and efficient removal of toxins from the body.
It also suggests some habits to strengthen our immune system:
- Consider our constitutional type or dosha to choose the foods that best suit us.
- Have variety in our food so that we ensure we obtain all the nutrients we need. May your dishes be colorful.
- Eat fresh food, organic and prepared at home as much as possible.
- Exercising regularly without getting to the point of being strenuous. Otherwise, we weaken the immune system.
- Drink tea from ginger, lemon and honey on an empty stomach to help eliminate toxins, fluid retention and stimulate digestion.
There are herbal supplements like the formula called Triphala which acts as a detoxifying mild for daily use, as well as turmeric extract and aloe vera juice. To nourish the tissues and strengthen the immune system specifically are echinacea, tulsi (holy basil), ashwagandha and shatavari. They are highly effective natural options.
Our immune system is our defense system, it represents not only the reserve we have to prevent and fight diseases, but it is the vital energy that at a more subtle level provides us with calm and nourishes the highest states of consciousness. Hence the importance of trying and strengthening day by day with a balanced diet, a positive attitude and a healthy lifestyle.
Wishing you health and well-being, in body, mind and spirit.
Certified Ayurveda Specialist (AIAS, Australia)
Certified Health Coach (IIN, USA)
Certified Yoga Instructor (Lunananda Yoga and Somatic Arts, Mexico)
FB Avani Ayurveda